Saturday, March 27, 2010

Snapshots of my future

I've been processing nature photos I've taken since the first of the year for an upcoming encaustic photography project. To my surprise I have quite a few that interested me for this medium. Randomly snapping shots in the moment have proven reliable when I need to draw from a creative source. Being that they are my own makes the process that much more fulfilling. If you click on them you may be able to see them in a larger format. The top shot was taken in my home town. It is the top of a cement barrier that is intended to protect our water treatment plant from a potential flooding of the adjacent creek. The majestic walnut tree has yet to sprout it's leaves and is the perfect hang out for red breasted robins passing through on their seasonal road trip home. My kayak made for a great vantage point when the winter waters were serene. It was 44 degrees out with zero wind and you would of never known it in the last photo. Currently I am waiting for paint to dry. I've chosen to spend this day adding a second layer of black paint to my tub room's built-in cupboards. It's only been a year and a half in between coast. Geez. Something to put a bounce in your step today [click here]