Saturday, October 3, 2009

Creative Seed Planting


For the past two days I have been doing nothing but art. I enrolled in a mixed media 2-day course with the artist Misty Mawn at Art & Soul Portland. She instructed us along the path to create an art journal using various mixed media components.


I have chosen to clip my finished cover piece to show the depth & richness of the products once combined. Acrylcs, inks, stencils, ephemera, artist crayons, markers, razorblades & water all came together to form a basically unplanned piece of art with a lot of scraping, sanding, rubbing and pounding.


What transformed was an amazing, eclectic conception that my imagination kept rolling with as each texture morphed into another.


I had the pleasure of meeting some beautiful women who were in that same place at that same time all in the name of creativity and inspiration. Misty covered a lot of information. The seed is planted.