Monday, August 17, 2009

A Bit of Small Town Americana





Living in our county seat brings into my life dollops of small town Americana. Residing down the street from the county fair grounds creates an even more intimate connection. From our front porch & open windows dramatic screams of the carnival ride participants drift through the air. Traveling by foot during the five day event countless times to drink in the simple delights it offers is something I look forward to each August. In my philosophy that "inspiration is everywhere" this tiny carnival packs a big punch. My favorite is viewing the children's art. No doubt submitted with triple-extra-large pride in hopes of earning a shiny, royal blue ribbon (and 3 bucks!). The fairgrounds are now left sparse with remnants of summer memories, some of which I have captured on camera, that will last a lifetime.