Tuesday, September 23, 2014

This is How I Feel You: Desolating Grip and an Unselfish Concern


It starts like this.


Then I claim the work space.


Then I channel her (click me).


And him (click me).


And tint the wax.


Then layer it onto the top surface
of many layers
of plaster
and
natural pigmented,
filtered but not
bleached,
beeswax
with pine resin
(for that added touch of the curing process).


And then...
apparently slit my fingers 
while scrapping away layers 
of encaustic wax.


And it ends like this.
Three feet by four feet.

Extremely difficult to
photograph effectively.


Texture.
Layers.
Pigment.
Oxidization.


Figurative.
2D.
3D.
Painting.
Sculpture.


Psychological.
Physical.
Subjective.

Yes...

it's all that...

and...

it's so very very personal.
o
o
o
o
O
o
o

Inspired by a dear friend,
this is...
an Unselfish Concern.
One foot by one foot.
Encaustic wax, 
graphite, 
plaster, 
oil sticks, 
ink 
rusted wire.
o
O
o
Sweetly provocative song with a markedly unusual and oh so creative video...
because really...
life is far to short to 
play it safe in fear of what "OTHERS" may think.
o