Monday, March 3, 2014

Thesis Studio: Rust & Wax Obsession (I have this)


I get sidetracked by taking photos of the
damn
rusted
wire.


It's become a problem habit.


Even the dust it leaves behind I find mesmerizing.


My view on the way in to the studio.


Spying on my lovely studio-mate Alex.
(who's sister went to the same high school as me...
in a different state...W H A A A A T?!?!?!)


Coils. I'll have to write about this in my thesis paper.
(currently I have "three" thesis papers in one, I must
streamline it, organize it & be brilliant in the process...hmmmm)


Encaustic wax, tissue paper & netting rubbed with ink.
The texture... good.
The translucency... good.
I DO like the beeswax scent.
It's in its tweaking process.
I lay on the floor a lot looking at it, pointing with my toes.
Sometimes I mumble.


It will be a magnificent installation.

One I will discuss with intellect and confidence.

This is what I keep telling myself.
It works.
So far.

(studio yoga has been replaced with sessions
at the gym that leave me wilted from things like...
slamming a medicine ball into the ground,
squat jumping,
planks (f-ing planks), 
rowing,
curling,
lunging,
balancing pushups,
kettle ball things,
more squatting,
and so on and so on)
o
o
O
o

Me.
Sitting at home
Messing with "photo booth"
When I should be working on my thesis
Another problem distraction
o
o
o
O
o
o
this guy...
(a whole lotta sexy of an already extremely sexy song...
who knew this was possible?)

(he's phenomenal in Dallas Buyers Club BTW)