Monday, March 31, 2014

Thesis Studio: Detour in CO


The spring break hike
I whined about
participating in
prior to departing.

(I was deep into my thesis paper and thought I'd lose my mojo)

It wasn't all that bad.
Snow-blindness isn't permanent.

Never mind the landslide down the way.
Now that the CO floods of 2013 are over
everything is A-OK.


Spring break art
with my most favorite collaborator.

We made large-scale paintings.
Many large-scale paintings.
In three-days.


Acrylics & H2o
inspired by Cy Twombly.


(a painting collage we did on my last visit)


My collaborator was born with this
crazy ability to illustrate...
exactly what she wants.


We hyperventilated
blowing water & paint around
with a drinking straw.


She's into this tree-thing...
that's AMAZING.


And then there's this guy.
He steals my heart every-time.


And her...
The new one.

o
o
O
o

We listened to this guy...
(who happens to be visiting Mississippi Studios April 15th) 

o
o
O
o