Friday, March 21, 2014

Thesis Studio: F-ing Fire...potentially


Intention (grand-master plan)...
put these lovelies...


here...
in the top of the structure...
the BEESWAX section.


They are mesmerizing
and hypnotic

aesthetically pleasing
and fit perfectly within
the context of my work.

Of course they do...


Apparently...
they will ignite my installation in flames

(a crash course in the chemistry of beeswax confirmed this, ugh)

taking with it all student's work within my studio,
possibly even the highly toxic and flammable print shop
in the adjacent building
on the corner of NW Johnson & 14th

(aka "Portland's oldest print shop")

and maybe even the REI mega-store across the street

(that would piss a lot of people off as if the rest wouldn't).


They will look great 
strung between the trees

in my yard...at home.


Meanwhile...

pondering
reconfiguring
and trying to figure out
what this all means

(not that I want to, it's an academic process).


This stinkiness yet stunning is happening today across from my studio

(at the REI previously mentioned)...


Needing fresh air and a brisk walk
I found two delicious very large beverages
to aid in my attempt to remain calm
during my lighting 

contemplation
dilemma
conundrum
opportunity
pain-in-the-ass
...

I'll be here a while.
o
o
O
o
o
o
OK...tacky perhaps but I like the song, it's packed with youthful somewhat dangerous memories, the kind you don't tell your kids because they'll make enough of their own stupid mistakes.