Sunday, October 18, 2015

Glorious TED talks, Pancakes & Encaustic Wax


I began my rainy PACNW Sunday morning
with TED talks and coffee in bed.


Once my brain was super-charged with
knowledge and ambition...


I made my people pancakes.


I spent time in the studio.


I experimented...


with pigment, oil paint, encaustic wax...


and my deserted
printmaking tools.


I brought my work-in-process out into the natural light...

even though it will
never
ever
live in that space.


This allowed me to walk around the piece,

walk up to the piece,

view it from a distance...


and from an angle.

Carving with this much detail is a new thing for me.

I think I'll do a figurative composition next.
A self portrait maybe.
I have plans and big ideas.


I experimented all day,

and...
roasted brussel sprouts 
edited wedding photos
cleaned the refrigerator
did laundry
and the dishes.

It was glorious.
o
O
o
o
She... is one of my favorites...
o