Friday, April 4, 2014

Thesis Writing: Cancer Interruption

CANCER DETECTION TEST REQUIRED
THESIS WRITING POSTPONED
(heavy sigh & a few pffts)

When you have had cancer in the past
and find something suspicious in the present
you are rushed immediately
through the process
of medical exploration
to ensure your survival on this planet


Left turn road to the hospital.
(I was originally planning
a much needed oil change before
hitting the gym & library)

My view of the Freemont Bridge
at the red light of
NW Northrup & 9th?


Change two.
(I have taken many of these throughout the years)

I changed my clothes
six times by noon.


A quick ultrasound
then off  to the surgeon (the best one).


Change four.

(not thinking about thesis writing at all)
(haven't slept for two nights)
(delirium has set in)


All is clear.
I'll be back in three months.

I am released to research & write.

I need SBUX.
(and a solid night of deep, my body doesn't flip flop sleep)
(maybe tonight's the night)

o
o
O
o

plugged in my ears
(@ the gym - sweatin' stress)

o
o