Monday, May 4, 2009

Encapsulated essence of being a child



My creative collaboration of effort, insight and whimsy. With the assembly of art supplies, a wee bit of vision and the patience taken to complete the process, my artistic donations have been silently bid upon and sold all in the best interests of elementary school children. While out for a walk last month I photographed playground equipment at each of the two elementary school playgrounds in my community. Three photos from each school were chosen for a balanced composition and are forever encapsulated in encaustic medium. Each wax box is built with a quote from Ch'an Master Wumen Huikai(aka Mumon 1183-1260- head monk of Longxaing monastery in China) "If the mind is not cluttered with unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life." To me...the precious essence of being a child.