Thursday, March 26, 2009

Third grade & mosaic tiling


I have been asked to teach the third grade art, an artist in residence type of class. On my trusty 1999 flower power imac I have rendered to scale a mosaic tile and welded metal creation. In the main composition I have laid out a grid representing individual blocks of wood the children will be tiling. My design will be color coded onto the individual blocks for a pattern of color to follow. In the end they will have completed their individual works of art that will be puzzled into a group project framed in a black mosaic border. The welded arched metal frame will be done with a team of volunteers separately from the students. Welding and 68 third graders....ah no. It is scheduled to be completed this June. I will repost this rendering along with the completed piece at that time.