Saturday, March 7, 2009

Simple


The sectioning of a ruby red grapefruit as a small child was a nurturing ritual with a plastic picnic knife my mother let me use. I abandoned the simple process for a few decades for I had more important interests: discovering who I thought I should be, earning an education, frivolous shopping, inconsequential attention from boys, a madcap venturesome exertion to climb the corporate ladder, dedicating my efforts to reaching material and superficial goals based on my interpretation of the media and the society of which I lived, co creating a family, then finally embarking on the discovery of simplifying my previous quests and establishments. I have reconnected with the patience and appreciation of the time and process it takes to portion each segment with my very own grown up utensil.