Sunday, November 29, 2009

So now what?


So I've spent the last half a year creating as much encaustic art as I possibly could in preparartion for last weekends show...now what? I ponder this throughout my day of normal tasks. It seems I function more fluidly when I have an assignment so to speak. A goal to reach. A subject to keep me focused. Not to say I have blinders on and do not veer off my path but rather create with a prescribed theme, medium or concept leaving plenty of room for the unexpected burst of inspiration. I have responsibilities that require creative organization, that are much less demanding at this point in time, leaving me with a void in productiveness. There was no question of what to do with myself in the past few months. That is the chunk of time I now am pondering, wandering & soaking in.